Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May-rathon

It's the fifth month in 2011. And I am still enjoying this long nothingness. :) Don't blame me, I just love this easy life..too much.

Ran my first marathon last Sunday, 10km Borneo International Marathon 2011. I finished in 1hour 30 minutes, approximately. The official result was out but I couldn't find my number..hmmm. The best women runner finished at only 50 minutes. I ranked 160++ out of 270++ Malaysian women 10km runner. Lame as it sound, I am still going to say it; I COULD HAVE DONE BETTER!
**Update: I just found my name, under 10km MEN Open. Official time 01:30:39. teehee!

Excuse #1: My running shoes, heck, it's not even a running shoes, is five years old. The very same shoes I wore since college days in Matrix. And that feels like sooo last era. It is still in good shape, (proving that I rarely workout) but as I ran last Sunday, it's oldness had taken its toll.

Excuse #2: I didn't train enough. Blame the rain, coz I don't own a treadmill. Ok, blame my laziness. ;p

Excuse #3: Everyone else is simply much faster than me.

Now I understand why people run/do marathon. And kept running the next year. Not necessarily for the 1st place, but a silent promise to ownself. :) Trying to score better record than the previous year. I totally get that fascination now. And yes, I'll do better next year!


BIM 2011 10km Finisher's Medal
The last medal I won was...supposedly gold, high jump, primary six. lol
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template