Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Hour and iPanema Sandals

These past few week has more weddings than it had from Jan-April..Everyone is getting married, it's like dozen of weddings on weekends..can't complain when you get makan free..=D

Sunday evening, Mum's siblings had impromptu (coconut) drinking session at Pahu after we got back from a wedding in KM. All of Mum's younger brother are present sans the one in the State. I drank like crazy, and chatted happily with them...We had a great conversation, completely ignoring Milo who is a renowned slipper biter..btw, Milo is a canine. When its finally time to part ways, I noticed my beloved iPanema sandal got bitten and PUTUS.

Before I can do anything to Milo, Uncle No 1 quickly saved the situation. Since I can't find the missing part of my selipar (probably Milo swallowed it already), Uncle No 1 took another burungkui selipar jipun and said "Ba, kasi korban ni selipar" (yea, that's what he said exactly).. I was like.."What for?".. He cuts the part he needed, took a match and burned the putus part of my sandal and the one he cut from another slipper..when both ends are burning, he attached both of it..(WARNING: Can only be applied to rubber slippers)

Um, apology for being really bad at giving visualization of what really happened. Anyway, in the end, my sandal is WEARABLE!!! Thanks to Uncle No 1!!! He is ever classic and loaded with informations on how-to.
Looks kinda burnt (of course la)..but if it fix the problem, why not?

I am a big fan of iPanema sandals..very durable, versatile yet catches the eye. You can wear it for hiking, camping, mall hopping, class, play badminton, vesper, halau sapi, anywhere...it looks good with everything, even gonob (kain sarung cap kelapa)..I call it casually elegant..
I bought my first pair in 2007 at RoyalHouseSport KK, and it's still in good shape now..It's a line by Gisele Bundchen, who launched the line in purpose of saving the rivers/forests in Brazil..if I'm not mistaken.. I am supporting a good cause by buying a sandal!! Shopping had never been more beneficial..(^.^) Too bad most of the design got ciplak-ed...I can spot which is the ori and which is not..ho ho ho...

Sista's n my iPanema collections so far.

I believe in sustaining our natural resources..huhu..minor damages can be mend ba..time budak2, when selipar jipun putus, can put paku or whatever to fix it..no need to buy new one. I've learnt new way to fix selipar jipun yang putus, thanks to Uncle No 1.

Ok..nuff saying..
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template