Wednesday, January 13, 2010

About Books

I grew up reading Enid Blyton, Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys series. So, it is no surprise why I am a bookworm to this very day. Me and my siblings loved detective+mystery kinda books. Then, I had the comics+manga age, Ahadiat Akashah, etc. My preferences changes proportionally with time. It grew up with me, I guess.

Being a book-lover, I enjoy being in a library. Sadly, UMS library does not count, it is way too cooool (cool as in freezing!) and too academic for me. I love hanging out at the foyer and watch people though. (^.^)

And, sure enough, MV Doulos or any kind of book fair will thrill me. Mind you, I still have not read some of the books from 2007 Doulos..and yet, I can't stop buying new books! From the Popular Book Fair in 1B last Dec, I got myself And Never Stop Dancing by Gordon Livingston. Have not read it yet, but judging from its cover, I categorize it as self-help. And from the Times Book Fair in Suria (still on now), I got Mitch Albom latest, Have A Little Faith and The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. I would love to have all of Paulo Coelho's, Jhumpa Lahiri's and Bill Bryson's..but those can wait. Mum's budget does not allow me to exceed the given limit. Mum bought her fourth (or fifth) Jean Sasson.

It's funny how we used to have Mum buying us all the Enid Blyton's series-of-whatever-it-is. These days, we buy books according to our own preferred genre..and it's not the same anymore.

In Like A Flowing River, Coelho wrote something about a book shouldn't sit on the rack after it is read once. He believes in passing the book to another so that whatever in it would be shared. Yeah, I second that..but at times, I find my books are too precious to be given away. *oh, i can be so damn luki*

I stopped reading and buying fictions (except for Coelho..The Alchemist is my favorite!!) and chick-lit. I can't really define what kind of books I like, but realism and travels/journey-like are the best.

And let us not forget the Greatest Book of All. The Scripture, Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 is my favorite-est of all.
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template