Monday, January 18, 2010

Thai Food and Mitch Albom

The endless rain must have been the reason why sista suddenly crave for Thai foods. I understand her, she lived there for four years. Sure thing she misses the food.

Sundays are our siblings' official dine-out night. So, we went to Nok Thai restaurant at Damai plaza yesterday. Cozy, neat little restaurant, ran (probably) by Thais. They have Thai deco, and they play Thai songs. You can feel a little piece of Siam there.

Their som tam or green papaya salad (go google it) is heavenly. Sangat sedap!! It tasted just nice, perfect for my tastebuds. We are definitely going back there some of these days.


On the other note, I finished Mitch Albom's latest book. After reading the last line, I had a quiet prayer. It is beautiful, and it makes me ponder upon my own faith. Thinking about the true measure of religion and why I keep upholding my faith. We all believe in something greater than ourselves, and I'm thankful I know God through Christianity.

One classic question: "Why do God let bad things happen to good people?"
Typical answer would be: "Trials, to test you, etc".

But in this book, the answer is: "No one knows why."

I like that answer. A LOT! God's plans are not ours to ask. Our human mind cannot comprehend His will. Whatever we believe, just have a little faith.
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template