Saturday, October 23, 2010

You Can't Choose Your Family

It is sad that we have to wait for a funeral to be back in Tambunan. Went to pay our last respect to daddy's father, Apah in St Theresa church yesterday. It is not my story to tell about our grandfather because I never had the chance to know him. But I know that he was a great father and grandfather to our Tambunan family. The measure of your life is the love you leave behind when you are gone. Rest in peace Apah.

That journey triggers different kind of emotions, but some stuffs are better left un-said. All I can say is that I am truly blessed to have Mum as my mother. Seriously words can't describe how highly I think of her and the way she handled things. I don't even have half her strength. :)

You can choose your boyfriend, your friends but you can't choose to which family you'll be born into. No matter how distant emotions can be, the same blood runs through your veins and nothing in the world could ever change that. I am glad Mum raised us NOT to be bitter towards the past.

Kelawat or Mogong, I am blessed with great family on both sides!
And right now, I am typing with a majestic night view of the grand Mount Kinabalu. Cool (literal and figurative) weekend getaway with the family. I couldn't ask for more.
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template