Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mid-Week Entry

I'm terrible at giving titles.

As for today, Dr A finished lectures for her subject. She managed to finish 14-week syllabus in just FOUR weeks, cool or what. Everything got squeezed and compressed..how la to revise? By final exam on Nov, probably all those complex numbers will be unsaturated and rusty.

The good thing is my Wednesday and Friday is now class-free. More time to do my dissertation then.yayyy!

On the other topic, I got a new cousin. Baby Eziel was born last Monday, and she's the fourth Bidayuh-Dusun in the family. I'm excited to see her!

Ecclesiastes 3 said, there is a time for everything. "A time to be born and a time to die." We have newborn in the family, and Malaysia lost one of the best movie makers ever.

Benjoe texted me early Sunday morning about her death and I was REALLY shocked coz I was unaware that she collapsed last week. Another star gone too soon...and too sudden.
She's an amazing individual, provocative and extra-ordinary. I love the way she portray Malaysia as a multi-cultured nation, I love her sarcastic scripts, I love the way she thinks, I love the way she touches the heart, I love her taste in music, I love the plot and values that penetrates deep inside my mind, I love her honesty and simplicity, I love every single details in her films. She's a great story teller! I am a follower of her blog, and it's obvious that her blog is going to be silent onwards. I have watched all of her films except Rabun and Muallaf (I guess) and all of her films ARE MY FAVORITE. IMO, she's not in the film industry mainstream yet she succeeded far greater than most Malaysian movie maker. Her movies are not the stereotype Malaysian movies, and I really hope there's more movie makers like her out there that will emerge soon. She's among the very few Malaysian personality I really admire..d. Rest in peace Yasmin Ahmad.

A time for everything..and now is the time for books and numbers!
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template