Tuesday, August 18, 2009

F.U.N. in Ayam, Itik, Sapi Island.

Obviously, I have to blog about yesterday's blessing!

As for now, I am suffering an aching sun-burn. I DID put on sunscreen but I guess I didn't re-apply it when I should have had. Surprisingly, my nose is not peeling off like usual..but my back and shoulder are still in reddish tone.

Here's our journey. (Same pics from FB)

Jesselton Point, 9am. Thousand apology to Claud coz me & Adel arrived late..SoWiEe~

We hit off Manukan Island first and ready for our first water sport. We got in the same boat with four Sarawakian siblings who's up to the same game with us.

Thanks to our Sarawakian boat-mate for this pic.

And yes, that's me and Claud. Thanks to Adel for the pic.

Parasailing is something I always wanted to do. My very first memory of seeing a parasail is in Tg Aru beach. I was still a kid, but I never stop dreaming to be the one up in the air, pulled by a boat. Yesterday, it was realized. Praise the Lord for the opportunity.
The view from up there is breathtakingly beautiful. It's so wide, so blue, and so alone. Me and Claud screamed our heart out, made wishes and can't stop being amazed. We really love to stay up there and being trapped to that particular airstream. Frankly, it was not terrifying at all, despite of me being an occasional altophobic. I had faith on the crews that was handling the gears, and seriously, what's the worst thing that could have happened anyway? Falling down? It's the wide blue ocean down there..not solid ground.
The feeling is amazing. Carefree. Almost worry-absent. I really want a second time for this.

We went back to Manukan..and snorkeled. The beach was kinda crowded, and it's working day! Can't imagine how it looks like on weekends. However, crowds lifts up the atmosphere. It lightens the mood when ironically it should have been a cramped situation. There's something about beach that cheers you up.

My kampung is just a few minutes drive away from the beach and I literally grew up going to the beach, fishing with granpa and uncles in the sea, camped by the beach, picnic, you name it. But I don't go the resort-beach very often..and it's a different feeling being in Manukan. Everyone there are expecting to have a good time, relaxing with friends and loved ones. I am definitely one of them.

We had lunch packed from home to save up some expenses, and we ate while waiting for our transfer to Mamutik.

Mamutik. We snorkeled again before heading for another water sport, banana boat ride.

This one was fun too. Fun in the sense of speed, jumping over waves and terrified of falling off from the banana boat. We tasted the saltiness of the sea in our mouth and eyes.

Both shot were taken by the boatman. The first one was taken on static condition, but this one was taken while we were riding full of speed. When he turned around to take picture, I was thinking "Then, who's driving the boat?". Lol. He was so skilled, he can turn back and leave the steering wheel anytime he likes.

Back in Mamutik, it was less crowded from Manukan. People are really relaxing, sunbathing and enjoying idleness.

I love this pic because I can see five elements of the earth in layers here. Sandy beach, crystal clear+greenish+bluish ocean, supposed-to-be dark green island hills,blue+white sky and a HUMAN BEING representing life. There's much more can be done to improve the editing for this pic, e.g the color of the sky is totally out. But I won't care much, I am not fussy.

Us in coordinated top, before leaving Mamutik. Thanks to an innocent by-stander for the pic.

Next up, transfer to Sapi island. We had the boat for ourselves..there's three of us, the boatman and his teenage crew. The boatman was also the "agent" for our trip. On our way to Sapi, he let us handle the steering wheel! Whoa, drive a boat? I didn't expect that. Anyway, it's a lot easier to drive the boat coz there's no road to drive on. Just get in the right angle and direction, and you'll get there. Probably it's easy because the sea was calm and still. I don't want to imagine how hard it would be when the sea is roaring.

We just want to snorkel in Sapi, but it's already low tide. So, our boatman took us to a scuba dive site and let us snorkel there..which is illegal, according to him. Only skilled divers (and maybe beginners) are allowed there.

That place was creepily deep. Well, it IS called dive site..you can't dive in shallow place right? I snorkeled with my right hand clinging tightly to the boat's tangga. The life jacket did its function very well, thank you.
The marine view? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Corals, colorful marine life, clownfish, starfish, etc. Just like the one I always saw on TV, only much more beautiful coz I am seeing it with my own eyes. What I saw in Sapi was beautiful enough, Sipadan got to be REEEALLLLY beautiful then.

Sapi is almost silent..we got there late in the afternoon and everyone is going back already. It feels secluded but perfect for those in need of seclusion. We spend brief moments there, just to shower and get changed.

And that's the end of our island hopping adventures. Tired of seeing half-naked people all day long..=p
We had amazing flight up in the air, exhilarated on the surface, saw stunning sea life down under..which concludes that we had a great time. One item crossed from my to-do before I die list. (^.^)


I am absolutely blessed to have wonderful time with two wonderful besties, enjoying and exploring the wonderful creations in those islands. Thank You Lord.
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template