Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Share Him

Before I go to my SHARE HIM point, here's what happened today:
  • Doomed my MidTerm on Dr A's subject..(always did anyway..)
  • Went to Bank Rakyat for some money business..alone.
  • Lunched at KFC Wisma Merdeka..alone.
  • Shopped for blouse and sandal..(again)..alone.
Learned how to walk/shop alone in KK since 1st year of study..and ever since, I have no problem shopping alone..(^.^)v. Oh, I am so independent.

Okay, Share Him was an evangelistic meeting which started from July 25th and ended on Aug 2nd. The speakers are around 10 (including some spouses), each assigned in churches around KB and Tenghilan. Most of them came from the island of Caribbean, Trinidad&Tobago, Papua (I think)..i.e. they're black. However, we have Aussie speaker in my kampung. The speakers are still studying to be pastor but they're excellent preacher already. Too bad I can only attend on Friday and Saturday. It's great to attend that meeting, my faith is definitely rejuvenated and I am knowing The Almighty Him closer and closer. Some questions were answered, and I learned loads of new knowledge. A blessed meeting!

Had baptism after church on the last day.

I, myself was baptized when I was 10. If I were to do it all over again, I honestly don't want to be baptized at such young age. Blame it on peer pressure. At this age, I am still learning. Well, there's no precise guideline on what age you should be baptized, it all comes from your own self.

Sekadar gambar selingan. I can't live without umbrella.

After baptism, we had potluck lunch at Omong's place..A few families, with our guest Colin and Kerry. To my amazement, he ate a spoonful of bosou and he liked it! He liked kampung foods, but not a fan of durian which he called 'the fruit that smells like hell, tastes like heaven' but at one point changed his mind, 'smells like hell, tastes like hell as well'.

After closing Sabbath that evening, we indirectly immersed Dusun culture to our Aussie guest.


They were presented with Kadazan costume, Sinurangga? They're popular among the kids..and adults..who doesn't enjoy the company of urang putih, anyway?


Elder Colin with his sumazau move..kinda looks weird.


Looking much better here.

Kerry doing the mogigol..she got the rhythm easily.


A bit reluctant with the magunatip..

But they tried anyway..successfully.

Overall, we love having Elder Colin and his wife, Kerry in Kelawat..and we hoped they enjoyed their stay here.
One last gambar selingan..anak-anak the local church elders and future elders, perhaps? O.o
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template