Monday, August 31, 2009

My New Toy


*Over-stressed pinky*

Met Uncle No 4 at Grand Ballroom 1B during our Sabbath worship and he told me : Haro moti flute tahakon diya dih *Uncle No 1's name*.

Me : Topot boh?Yuhuuuu..

And later that evening, I got myself hand-me-down Elkhart Indiana Flute. I think I am the third owner of the flute. Uncle No 4 to Uncle No 1 to Niece No 2.

24 hours later, I succeeded playing C-Major Scale and Seek Ye First chorus. Not bad for a beginner. (Puji diri sendiri)

Huh. And I'm sure my uncles are expecting to see loads of progress soon. That means, I have to squeeze some time for flute blowing in between my dissertation+mid-term revisions+lab test revision+dozens of assignments+munching Snickers+virtual farming.

And seriously, I am starting from zero. I rely solely on online tutorials. But I am excited! It's never too late to learn something new (and something I always wanted to do!). I quit formal piano lesson when I was younger, but thankfully, I still can play kampung-kampung la.(^.^) Now, I want to start again! With flute.

My aspiration for flute is to play Via Dolorosa duet with guitar. Simplistic and realistic.

Aspiring to play the flute scene from Jay Chou's movie : Secret (still struggling finding the title!) would be too much eh? Okay, I get it. One step at a time Cha..one baby step at a time. I have yet to learn the proper breathing and blowing technique. Uh. I can't help myself from being too ambitious.

Oii..I'm having midterm exam tomorrow morning. Stop typing. Now.
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template