Friday, August 14, 2009

Money is a lousy way of keeping score.

Human nature. Superiority. Root of all evil. The unseen reason why I study hard in the first place. FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY. Well, technically not LOVE as in lovey-dovey love..but love as in : I want to earn more for a better living.
It is one of my major struggle. Financial management. Yep, financial management for an undergraduate who does not even have monthly salary yet.
One of the 2nd year junior announced that Financial Management seminar/workshop/whatever will be held by Nazril Idrus..We were like, Nazril who? Then he whispered in lower voice, "Suami Sazzy Falak". The fees are 3-figured (forgot the exact no), but lowered to RM25 for students. Great, you PAY to learn money management. I googled on him, and found out that he's a financial consultant, aside from his many other profession. He surely knows how to generate income. Honestly, I would love to go..but I decided not to. Watching Oprah with her financial consultant guest is kinda the same thing.

Financial Maths (a.k.a. Business Maths/Commerce Maths) was one of the very few major subject that I scored good..not excellent but far better than Calculus, Stats, Programming and the likes. I love the subject because it's very applicable in real life and maybe because Madam N was the lecturer. There's something about Madam N's lecture that makes me totally drawn. She's loves deviating from the real topic she was discussing..she loves telling stories about her experiences studying in England..she loves sharing the real life facts..Not merely teaching what's in the textbook. Not everyone share my fondness of her stories anyway, but for me, it's informative. After all, that's what I need the most. Experiences from those who had traveled the road before me. Madam N is an all-rounded person and soon to be Dr N. She's a blessing..because she's my project supervisor.=)

Anyway, back to money story. Yesterday was the incident of 'Tiga Gadis Bertopeng Membeli-belah di Sepanjang Jalan Jesselton Point-Wawasan Plaza'..and it's a loooooooong journey with loads of money spent along the way. Huh! What did I bought? Swimwear, surfshort, another selipar jipun *sigh*. The shopping sequel was today, 'Insiden Membeli-belah Seorang Diri di 1B'. I browsed shops from South-North in search of the best bargain. 2-hours excursion resulted the purchase of Hawaiian-print sling bag and polarized+UV Shield sun glass.
I am happy with those purchases, because I need those for my day-trip next Monday. But I am unhappy with the expenditures. I mean, green notes after green notes and suddenly I don't have any more green notes. I even ran out of red notes. Principles of economics really applies here, THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH. Huhu, reminds me of Macroeconomic Final Paper.

Money will always be an important essential but it should not dominate your life. I am constantly learning for a wiser management, but I am happy with the flaws along the way.

Mataduitan+mintapuji+geligelaman shot..and its amazing how fast all those green notes are gone. Uh, sungguh boros.

And here's what I am expecting to do next week. Can't wait!

Uhm, another green note spent!
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template