Monday, December 7, 2009

Twenty One to Twenty Two

I WAS 21, and I am listing down 21 things/stuffs/lessons I've learnt throughout that one year period.

Disclaimer: A famous blogger did the same on his birthday, here's his post. No, I am not plagiarizing.

Warning: This is going to be a LOOOOOOOOONG post.

1. I enjoyed parasailing, and considered it my truest passion! Lesson learnt: The higher you are, the nicer the view.2. I liked snorkeling as well, but for sure, parasailing is much cooler! Lesson learnt: Corals are beautiful.3. Went to see the Climbathon and I wanted to try...but let's be realistic, I haven't set foot on Mt Kinabalu's peak yet. Lesson learnt : You can race without your limb.4. Had fun with church choir trips. Visited lots of churches. Lesson learnt: Lungkidau is FAR from Kelawat.5. CARE Group made me love the Scriptures even more! Lesson learnt: Scripture memorizing is seriously enriching!

6. Survived 4-day camping with limited clean water supply. Well, that's one of the reason why it is COOL being a Pathfinder in Sabah..Campsites are always imperfectly challenging! Lesson learnt: Bring LOADS of wet tissue/baby wipes when you go camping.*Sy rasa dorang pun teda mandi pagi ni..haha..kan Benjo?

7. 500 Days of Summer is a very beautiful piece of art! Lesson learnt: Be like Zooey Deschanel..or Summer. I'm a fan of both character.8. I finished doing my dissertation and survived viva. Lesson learnt: A LOT!--The Lord answers prayer.
9. Started blogging, chamyen.blogspot.com. Lesson learnt: Nuffnang can make you rich.But I'm not a Nuffnang-er, yet.


10. I got flute to keep both sides of the brain balanced. Lesson learnt: I may liked strings more, but I'm much better with windpipes.

11. I enjoyed New Moon (still haven't watched Twilight tho), but realized that I am not a Twiliter, nor I will ever be. =( Lesson learnt: Taylor Lautner's abs is hot!*Lautner & Swift makes a sweet couple! Source: People Magazine

12. Discovered Bill Bryson and Geoff Dyer. Lesson learnt: Travel books are more enjoyable than fictions.*Hard to finish this book..it feels like textbook. I like it nonetheless!

13. Had one memorable moment with fellow Mathematician. Lesson learnt: Mathematician parties like crazehh!14. Utilized the art of Googling. Lesson learnt: Typing the right keywords require skills.

15. Fall out of love, and I'm glad I did because I decided to see it from the bright side. Lesson learnt: The same love can make you laugh and cry. *Arbie Norman Sibadogil makes a great boyfriend...if you're 15 and below..=) This was taken last nite at RasaRia!

16. Should have graduated on October, but I didn't. Lesson learnt: Maths is hard..harder than average people can imagine!

17. Discovered a timeless quote by Audrey Hepburn, and it's my current favorite. Lesson learnt: She's a classic!*So good, I can't help uploading this pic twice.

18. Had experiments with recipes. Lesson learnt: Cashew nuts are great with kacang buncis.*Learning how to do this very soon!


19. Reunited with POB and had a blast karaoke-ing with them last Friday. Lesson learnt: Friends are angels in disguise.

20. Radical prayer are not merely requests but more to praises. Will write more soon coz this is an important lesson. Lesson learnt: Praise Him, because He is worthy of praise.

21.Had lovely moments at the beach. Lesson learnt: Beaches are romantic.
  • 5th Dec: Went to a (hidden gem) beach in Pituru with siblings and cuzzies. That's us, Charmain, Clarie, Carolyn, Frankkelly..captured by Cafferil. And no, it's not semaphore.
  • 6th Dec: Attended Arthur & Zita's beach/sunset wedding ceremony at RasaRia Resort and I told mum "Saya pun mau beach wedding la"..=D I leave to your imagination on what Mum replied, I'm surprised! I took this pic when the sun is still scorching, and as dusk approaches, it's bloody ROMANTIC!

Need to say more on how blessed I am?

I learnt a lot from my mistakes, I'm thinking of doing more.

Lesson number 22 is FAMILY COMES FIRST, NO MATTER WHAT! I will update later, celebration di Resepi Rahasia awaits me. I love you Mum!
 

ChaCha's Theorem Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template